Warm Beach Camp’s Horsemanship Program shares the love and truth of God through horses, riding, and horsemanship instruction. Our goals are that participants grow in their spiritual and personal life as well as their riding disciplines. Horses and horsemanship teach an abundance of life lessons that build maturity in participants. Safety and responsible horse handling are central to everything that goes on in the program. Staff undergo careful training to align safety practice and instruction under the guidelines of the national program of the Certified Horsemanship Association program (CHA). Under the leadership of Lisa Tremain, Horsemanship Director, the staff make every effort to provide a safe, professional horsemanship experience - one that will have life-long impact.
- Group riding lessons of no more than 6 riders per group
- Any skill level is welcome; ages 8 and up
- Lessons include ground work, horse care, and safety instruction
- Horses, tack and helmets provided by Warm Beach Camp
- CHA Certified site
- Most riding lessons will occur in the riding arena with occasional “trail lessons” (taught at the discretion of the instructor)
Riders will learn:
- Grooming, saddling, horse care
- Basic horse control at a walk, jog, and lope
- Basic equitation and proper use of the four natural aids (voice, hands, legs, weight)
- How to recognize and ride on the correct diagonal and leads
- and much more!
Each session is 10 weeks/once per week lessons. Minimum age 8 years old.
|March 6 – May 20, 2017||Closed|
September 9 - November 18, 2017
|Registration Opens June 15|
|Enrollment for each session closes on the first day of lessons. Must complete the registration form, waiver form, and concussion policy prior to the first lesson.
What to expect:
- If arriving 15 minutes late or more, rider may not be able to participate
- 30 minutes to saddle/unsaddle your horse
- 45-50 minutes of riding time
- Short devotional
- Minimum age 8 years old at the time of first class of session.
- Riders must not exceed weight of 200 lbs and need to be able to walk on their own.
- Helmets and boots required. (Helmets provided by Warm Beach Camp; limited supply of boots are available.)
To Register or for more information email our Registration Department or call:
360-652-7575 / 800-228-6724 ext 2282